Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lets Play Catch Up

It's definitely been awhile since I last posted anything on this blog, let me catch you up on a few things.


We had Zadkiel's memorial on April 21st 2012, it was a beautiful service. Friends and family flew in from all around, and we celebrated his life. It was hard to talk that day but we all made it through okay.

I wrote something special just for Zad, I knew that all the other poems didn't seem like enough.

From your sweet little fingers, to your darling little toes
I can honestly say "I wish I could've held on to those."
You're sweet little kicks has forever touched us,
We knew our time with you was so very precious.
You took one breath and had to leave right away
We held you in hopes that you would forever stay.
Father above knew what was in store,
So He came down to greet you and showed you heaven's door.
Love Mommy and Daddy


     When the time came for everybody to go home, it was hard to say good-bye. I didn't know when I would see them again, or if I would even survive through these hard times. I hugged everybody repeatedly, cried a little every time. Than my Washington friends were left; Ashley, Jazzy and Ryan. We were enjoying our last night together, and as the night grew later and later we started joking about me leaving with them for 2 weeks. A joke soon turned into a decision that I was going to go with them back to Washington. So I packed my stuff and hit the road with them the next morning. Ryan took a 14 hour drive and turned it into a 10 hour drive.


   While I was on the drive up to Washington I wasn't completely healed from my Cesarean, so I was what you can call weak. I didn't let it hold me back I wanted to do anything and everything. So we went to the old middle school, saw old friends, went to the house that my family and I built and visited Seattle. I felt like for the first time in a long time, I was finally home.





*If you would like to see the remainder pictures of Zadkiels Memorial-look me up on facebook*

No comments:

Post a Comment